Welshies all grown up

CeeEyeGee

Chirping
Jun 28, 2021
I haven’t posted in a long time! Here’s a picture of my grown up “Welshies.” Last pos I was wondering what if Rue (middle one in the pic) made get be a drake. I ordered sexed hens from Metzer’s. Well she is definitely a hen, albeit with odd coloring. I guess that’s what we get when “breed” are the result of selective breeding. Pinky Pie ( the top one) is in full on molt, having shed pretty much all of her flight feathers. I can tell she was quite painfully the week I took this - she has stopped flapping her wings when preening and lets out what is can describe as groans when she oils herself. Poor gal. She’s much better this week. The bottom duck is Sweet T and my favorite coloring. She is so delicate looking 💕I have 2 other white hens and a drake. I’ll post about them later. Have a great weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_1726.jpeg
    IMG_1726.jpeg
    802.7 KB · Views: 24
they are so beautiful.
i didn’t know a WH could have a yellow/orange bill i thought they were always black.

they are so beautiful.
i didn’t know a WH could have a yellow/orange bill i thought they were always black.
Thank you! You are actually correct- that’s why I thought it might be a drake. But she’s just a bit of and “odd duck” - pun intended. Here’s another of her oddities- she is the only one that doesn’t like mealy worms or dries grubs and the like. She will gobble down live worms and slugs but the dried ones are a hard no!

Thank you! You are actually correct- that’s why I thought it might be a drake. But she’s just a bit of and “odd duck” - pun intended. Here’s another of her oddities- she is the only one that doesn’t like mealy worms or dries grubs and the like. She will gobble down live worms and slugs but the dried ones are a hard no!
one of my welshies doesnt eat the dried worms either! lol

Back
Top Bottom