Welsumer 10 weeks seemed very off

ZoomiesMom72

Songster
May 7, 2021
Cordova Alabama
Saturday I noticed she kept standing in the corners of the coop alone
SUNDAY I noticed the same behavior and brought her into the house.She smelled very sour and leaked sour fluid from her beak.I have given oil,massagesheld off food and water .We are eating again and drinking yet she seems to doze off while standing to eat amd drink .if I give her a nudge she begins to eat and drink dozens off and I repeatedly wake her till I feel she has enough fluid.I got scared she was falling easy , her legs and feet were curled .I kept massaging her little legs and body.This morning she came out of her crate to her food and water walked alone .She keeps standing now with her eyes shut.The fact she started to get ho and walk for food encouraged me to help her fight.Any ideas? What else can I do? Her scat was clear.Then it began to have a white powder tint.This morning her scat is thicker.i am using garlic,electrolytes pellets soaked in yolks pellets soaked in warm water and plain yogurt. IF SHE IS fighting this hard can I save her or am I letting her suffer.Her appearance throws me she still looks normal.i will attach pics.Any help welcomed !💗🙏
I'm told lack of b12 can cause the leg paralysis. If she falls sometimes she stays down with her little legs out to the side and her feet curled.
Screenshot_20210915-110654_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210915-110856_Gallery.jpg
1631722178923171632593989483779.jpg
Screenshot_20210915-111011_Camera.jpg

She smelled very sour and leaked sour fluid from her beak.
10 weeks old and sour crop?
Any way you can take a fecal sample to your vet to see if Coccidiosis is an issue?

If that's not possible, all I can say is if she were mine, I would treat for Sour Crop and Coccidiosis.
I would stop the B vitamins.
I would get Clotrimazole or Miconazole and begin treat the crop per the article linked below. I would give a drench of undiluted Liquid Corid at a rate of .10ml per pound of weight once a day and also provide mixed Corid water for her to drink (2tsp Liquid Corid to 1 gallon water). Syringe the mixed Corid water into her frequently and you can use it to make her wet feed mash too.
Treat for 7 days.

After you finish treatment, then give her probiotics and vitamins for a couple of days.

That's what I would do - I'm not a vet nor an expert - if you can see a vet that's always best.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

10 weeks old and sour crop?
Any way you can take a fecal sample to your vet to see if Coccidiosis is an issue?

If that's not possible, all I can say is if she were mine, I would treat for Sour Crop and Coccidiosis.
I would stop the B vitamins.
I would get Clotrimazole or Miconazole and begin treat the crop per the article linked below. I would give a drench of undiluted Liquid Corid at a rate of .10ml per pound of weight once a day and also provide mixed Corid water for her to drink (2tsp Liquid Corid to 1 gallon water). Syringe the mixed Corid water into her frequently and you can use it to make her wet feed mash too.
Treat for 7 days.

After you finish treatment, then give her probiotics and vitamins for a couple of days.

That's what I would do - I'm not a vet nor an expert - if you can see a vet that's always best.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/
We went to the vet last night.She was given selenium bcomplex and today she is eating like a crazy lady drinking and walking finaly.

We went to the vet last night.She was given Clotrimazole bcomplex and today she is eating like a crazy lady drinking and walking finaly.
We have her on riboflavin. Things seemed to have turned around for the better now! I appreciate all the help and the time you all took to explain and help me.Very thankful very appreciated♥️

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom