Western Saddle Pad Question

Quote:
I see your point with wool pads but I have never had an issue with dry spots or and other problems with my neoprene pads. I am considering a pad from Clinton Anderson but I have to save my money for that.

I like a good one with a lot of dense padding & cutback on the withers, and one that is made to last through a lot of wear and tear. Some people stick with a brand, I tend to just go by feel, construction and common sense for what I need it for.

I have found some I like that are expensive and some that are cheap... and I've also found some really expensive ones that I don't like at all. So I don't necessarily go by the "get what you pay for" idea when it comes to saddle pads.

Quote:
I see your point with wool pads but I have never had an issue with dry spots or and other problems with my neoprene pads. I am considering a pad from Clinton Anderson but I have to save my money for that.

The problem I had was that the neoprene pad did not dry out properly between uses and did seem to keep the back hotter. Since it was already hot and humid, that did worry me so I went back to my wool ones. I just don't think the back gets to breathe properly under those artificial ones. Glad you've had better luck.

Rusty

Back
Top Bottom