What’s going on with my roosters feet?

rumbleBee_STi

Songster
Jun 10, 2020
Sylva, North Carolina
I noticed that my roosters feet have started looking really rough, swollen even? The bump on his right foot is also worrisome. He is a marans, 3 years old (& huge!) & has never grown feathers on his legs/shanks/feet, ever. Are his feet abnormal looking? I know the red is hormones, it’s his scales & the bump I’m concerned about
IMG_1047.png
IMG_1049.png
IMG_1048.png

I've never dealt with scaly leg mites, fortunately, but that's definitely what's going on with your boy. I have read you can also spread coconut oil on his legs and feet to suffocate the mites, but you have to reapply it once or twice a day.

I've never dealt with scaly leg mites, fortunately, but that's definitely what's going on with your boy. I have read you can also spread coconut oil on his legs and feet to suffocate the mites, but you have to reapply it once or twice a day.
Petroleum jelly/vaseline works great as well. It is readily available and suffocates the critters handily. Twice a day for 5 to 7 days usually works.

Looks like a severe case, so what dawg53 suggested would work even better. It will help heal the feet as well.

Back
Top Bottom