What’s going on with this birds egg

Chey1214

Songster
May 4, 2023
I have one bird who is laying an egg with Next to no shell. All my other birds are laying solid eggs. I have oyster shells out so they can eat as much as they need. This is from a legion who could be from 2018-2019.

What’s going on??

Attachments

• E5167236-CDEF-4B24-89DB-5048679AF8A4.jpeg
    E5167236-CDEF-4B24-89DB-5048679AF8A4.jpeg
    185.7 KB · Views: 12
You can try giving her a daily dose/pill of Calcium Citrate + D3 by mouth for one week to see if her shell quality improves. Walgreens or any pharmacy will have it. Ensure she also has plenty of clean fresh water.

If her egg shell does not improve in that time, she may have something going on with her shell gland or some other contributing factor.

Also, what breed is she?

IMG_8700.jpg

You can try giving her a daily dose/pill of Calcium Citrate + D3 by mouth for one week to see if her shell quality improves. Walgreens or any pharmacy will have it. Ensure she also has plenty of clean fresh water.

If her egg shell does not improve in that time, she may have something going on with her shell gland or some other contributing factor.

Also, what breed is she?

View attachment 3576705
Problem is I do not know what leghorn it is….they have been on rooster booster with probiotics for a few days. It’s very frustrating to try and figure out who it is…..grrr frustrating

Problem is I do not know what leghorn it is….they have been on rooster booster with probiotics for a few days. It’s very frustrating to try and figure out who it is…..grrr frustrating
Gotcha, yeah, that is tough. I am so used to our hens all laying different colored eggs, we can tell exactly who it is.

How many hens do you have in your flock? Would it be possible to isolate in rotation to try and narrow it down? Otherwise, may have monitor nesting boxes and collect eggs as soon as possible some day.

Back
Top Bottom