What’s happening to my hens??

I should also add, yesturday I found a empty soft shell (half) attached to her vent, and she hasn’t laid an egg either today, so I’m unsure what’s happening, I’m really hoping the yolk hasn’t formed and is inside her

I would get some human calcium tablets with vitamin D where you buy supplements or pharmacy. Give one each day for 3-5 days. Oyster shell is fine for free feeding, but she may need a supplement for now, to see if her shells improve. Do you have granite grit available to help with digesting grains and grasses? You can massage her crop several times a day and encourage fluids.

UPDATE: hen is still not improving, poops have turned back to green, this morning I found her poop to be green/ white with something fleshy it’s a blob not a lot but say a thimble size.

She’s still puffed up, not doing much not being with the other hens, I thought she could have fresh air since being cooped up in the cage for awhile. So not sure what this is and not sure what to do

Do you have a picture of the poop with the fleshy blood? That sounds like a lash egg. Has she stopped eating? Has the crop been empty or full in early mornings? Have you given her any calcium or sought an antibiotic as suggested earlier for her reproductive problems? Green poops usually are a sign of not eating.

Why does the chickens back end look like that? Why do the feathers look like their plucked?

Back
Top Bottom