What’s wrong with this baby?

jslater14

Chirping
Mar 22, 2022
We just got 6 baby chicks yesterday and today, I just noticed the BCM opening its mouth like it’s gasping a bit? I included screenshots of the video since I don’t know how to attach one. It’s otherwise drinking/eating/moving. Is something wrong with it?

Attachments

• IMG_5447.png
    IMG_5447.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5446.png
    IMG_5446.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
What is the temperature in your brooder? Do they have a cool side to go to if they are overheated? What is the temperature on the cool side? I've seen my birds open their mouths like that in two senerios. 1. they are over heated and attempting to cool down. 2. They are having respiratory difficulties. There also could be a difficultie in closing her beak but I think that's ruled out because you saw her with it closed before. If she were mine first I would check if she's over heated for some reason. Then I would separate her incase she is sick. Listen closely to her breathing make sure no pops or crackle when she breathe. No discharge from nose or eyes. I'm guessing is likely she's just hot but if that's not the case keep a watch on her to make sure she is breathing alright. Best of luck and hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom