What’s your favorite way to clean wood in your coop?

i have a 'poop' routine in the morning when i go to coop/run to let them out to free range. I modified a kitty litter poop scooper by fixing a longer handle on it and scooping the poop from under roost. Every Morning. It takes 2 minutes. I have 5 hens and use hemp bedding which is very small pieces so it sifts well through the litter box scooper. This works for us! In the run, i keep the same scooper and will periodically scoop when i see it. Having only 5 hens makes this an easy task. As well as working from home. Good luck! 🐔
Yes! I use a litter scooper too, along with hemp bedding. I might have gotten that idea from you on another thread here! 😋
Thank you!
It does work quite well! I bring a bucket & sift the poop out, as well as put cut up old feed bags down under them in the evening.

I use course sand in the coop and have drop boxes built under the roosts that are also filled with course sand. I use a scoop to clean every morning into a stainless bucket and spread PDZ as needed. For the dried poop I use a black & decker cordless sander maybe once every couple of weeks on the wood.

If dry I give a quick scrape if it’s on the roost or poop tray edges. If fresh, or that melted peanut butter stinky cecal poop I use my shifter to put the sand/PDZ on it until it dries.

Back
Top Bottom