What breed do you think my dog is?

ColoBecky

Chirping
10 Years
Dec 15, 2012
Denver
Just adopted a mixed breed rescue pup, any guesses on what kind of mixed she might be? I got her from an Australian Shepherd rescue, they thought she was an Aussie/boxer mix, but at 35 pounds (18 months old) she seems too small for that. The vet thinks she looks like a hound. I just think she's adorable. We need to work on her manners a bit before any face to face with the chickens!

Congrats on the new pup. She is a good looking dog. I don't see any australian shepherd there myself though. I would definitely say there is a little hound in there. If you are truly interested in finding out you can get a doggy dna kit online and they send you 2 swabs and don't want any pictures of your dog. We did it with our adopted pup and definitely has traits from the 3 breeds it came back with. It cost about $40 so not very much and was excited opening up the results. Our came back Catahoula Leopard Dog(we knew that because of his coloring) greyhound(he has the skinny snout and legs like a greyhound) and welsh corgi(he has the brown coloring from the corgi and is not as tall as greyhounds or catahoula's are) So we can see all three of those dogs in him.

Back
Top Bottom