What breed is she?

Besebenomo

In the Brooder
Sep 2, 2022
She is three weeks old, was pecked in the head when she was born and I kept her at home since then. She is very active, runs and comes with me everywhere (I can’t even go to the bathroom alone!), during night sleeps with heat lamp now. She is very small though, isn’t she? What breed could she be? Do you think she’s going to be ok?

Sorry I don’t have better pics of her but those are the most recent. She is starting growing feathers near her neck and she has long feathers on her wings (she literally flies to run faster ) and back. Will she ever grow feathers on her head? Her head didn’t look like this when she was younger but now it’s very evident that she was pecked in the head when born
4F771EDC-46DB-4314-B003-C342060E1202.jpeg
02B5EFC6-A6B1-4CFB-92C8-774F94C27164.jpeg

Attachments

• 3745AB66-A8A6-4326-BDEA-E221ECBE7DEF.png
    3745AB66-A8A6-4326-BDEA-E221ECBE7DEF.png
    739.3 KB · Views: 1
Looks like her feathers are coming in on her head fine. There may be a distorted grow pattern on the head,,,, but that does not matter. (unless you want a show quality chicken)
Your description makes me think,, chicken will be just fine, and grow normal. :hugs .. Cant help you with breed. Maybe a Bantam, and still small. Do you have same age chicks that you are comparing size with???
What breeds of chicks did you purchase?? I know that some chicks get misplaced into wrong bins at the store.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and:welcome

Looks like her feathers are coming in on her head fine. There may be a distorted grow pattern on the head,,,, but that does not matter. (unless you want a show quality chicken)
Your description makes me think,, chicken will be just fine, and grow normal. :hugs .. Cant help you with breed. Maybe a Bantam, and still small. Do you have same age chicks that you are comparing size with???
What breeds of chicks did you purchase?? I know that some chicks get misplaced into wrong bins at the store.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and:welcome
Thank you! She is the only one for now, and others are coming later, she was a gift from another farmer, he said it’s polish chicken but doesn’t really look like one in my opinion so maybe it’s mixed. We haven’t had chickens lately, there are doves in my farm and they were very aggressive towards her, since she seems small and I don’t know if she had neurological damage I will keep her for a while at home, at least until there are a dozen of other chicks.

Back
Top Bottom