What breed is this baby?

UnFlockingBelievable

In the Brooder
May 26, 2022
Got this at Tractor Supply as a Rhode Island Red and it doesn't look anything like the other Rhode Island red at all! Anyone know what he or she might be? She or he's a month old

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230407_234222_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230407_234222_Gallery.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20230407_234136_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230407_234136_Gallery.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 2
She really could be one of those lol, does Tractor supply make mistakes like this often? I knew she wasn't a Rhode island red
I'm really not trying to disparage TSC but yes, these things seem to happen every now and then. Some chicks of one particular breed may sell quicker than others and so the remaining couple chicks may be put in another bin with more babies (of a differently tagged breed) to stay warm.

I'm really not trying to disparage TSC but yes, these things seem to happen every now and then. Some chicks of one particular breed may sell quicker than others and so the remaining couple chicks may be put in another bin with more babies (of a differently tagged breed) to stay warm.
Makes sense! I don't mind either way, I enjoy them all... watching them grow up! Now I'm wondering if the other RIR is even a Red at all lol

Makes sense! I don't mind either way, I enjoy them all... watching them grow up! Now I'm wondering if the other RIR is even a Red at all lol
I've done the same thing with wondering if the new chicks are actually what they were said to be, that's a fun part of it! If you have a pic of your other "RIR" we could probably make a good guess on what it is...

I've done the same thing with wondering if the new chicks are actually what they were said to be, that's a fun part of it! If you have a pic of your other "RIR" we could probably make a good guess on what it is...
Yes i need to post a pic of him lol he is darker red so I thought maybe this orangecicle one was the only non RIR but I kind of wanna post it now 😅

Back
Top Bottom