What breed is this?

dukell71

Hatching
Feb 10, 2023
I ordered a buff and silver appleyard duckling online (both females) and just received them yesterday. The buff one looks like what I'd expect but the silver appleyard looks more like a rouen to me, with black markings on its body. I emailed the hatchery to check and they told me it's normal for some Silver appleyards to look like that. Can anyone here help me confirm if the duckling I have is indeed a silver appleyard? If so, will they grow up to look like a normal Silver appleyard or will it look different grown up? Thanks so much!

Attachments

• 20230210_111059.jpg
    20230210_111059.jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230210_111132.jpg
    20230210_111132.jpg
    458.3 KB · Views: 3
I ordered a buff and silver appleyard duckling online (both females) and just received them yesterday. The buff one looks like what I'd expect but the silver appleyard looks more like a rouen to me, with black markings on its body. I emailed the hatchery to check and they told me it's normal for some Silver appleyards to look like that. Can anyone here help me confirm if the duckling I have is indeed a silver appleyard? If so, will they grow up to look like a normal Silver appleyard or will it look different grown up? Thanks so much!
I believe it is called a dark phase Silver Appleyard and I believe they grow up to look mostly like regular Silver Appleyards but with a little more color and a little less white.

Back
Top Bottom