What can happen to a duck from insecticide for mosquitos?

nowifikris

In the Brooder
Oct 30, 2022
sorry if my english is bad !

My boy Lucky is a BIG fan of eating cockroaches, and my grandmas house happens to be full of thwm. My mom sprayed this thing (image) at them, its insecticide for mosquitos but she sprays it at the cockroaches to kill them, and he just ate 2 of the ones that were sprayed. I'm a little scared, specially since i'm not gonna be around him for 10 days after today because i'm going on vacation and i've read that poison can start doing damage 2 or 3 days after.
Will it hurt him? Is there something I can give or do for him before I go?
IMG_20221222_133635962.jpg

Last edited:
I would ask mom to please not use this product until she can get something that’s pet safe. As for the roaches he already ate you could give him a flush to to get as much as possible out of his system
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/flushes-for-aiding-in-toxin-removal.700526/
Lucky is gorgeou

I would ask mom to please not use this product until she can get something that’s pet safe. As for the roaches he already ate you could give him a flush to to get as much as possible out of his system
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/flushes-for-aiding-in-toxin-removal.700526/
Lucky is gorgeous
My mom is making me give him milk instead of those flushes, would that be alright?

I've always heard poultry are lactose intolerant so I've never given mine milk or milk products,

Can Ducks Eat Dairy?​

No ducks cannot eat dairy. Dairy is high in lactose which is a disaccharide that the duck’s digestive system cannot break down.

That said there are some ducks who are able to tolerate small amounts of dairy. If you want to give your duck some dairy make sure it is in very small amounts and see how they react.

If they seem to be doing fine then they may be one of the few ducks who can handle dairy products.

However, if they start acting sick or have diarrhea stop giving them dairy immediately.

Back
Top Bottom