What cockerels should i keep and why?

First cull anything you don't like for any reason. Thin the trees so to speak. Then divide the number you have left into two groups, group one, probably not, group two probably. The thing is when you thin a group of roosters chicks, the behavior of the remaining birds under go a change, so wait a bit and see.

Divide in half again - and remove half. Now you should be down to two or three birds. Usually in a week or so, you will have your keeper and not keeper.

Mrs K

First cull anything you don't like for any reason. Thin the trees so to speak. Then divide the number you have left into two groups, group one, probably not, group two probably. The thing is when you thin a group of roosters chicks, the behavior of the remaining birds under go a change, so wait a bit and see.

Divide in half again - and remove half. Now you should be down to two or three birds. Usually in a week or so, you will have your keeper and not keeper.

Mrs K
Oh jeez i didn't think I get more responses! We kept the black one and gave away 2 of the roosters (the naked neck and the white deleware patterned one)
Here they are i guess (i dont have a good picture of the naked neck)
20201222_174449.jpg
20210107_142534.jpg
20201128_124037.jpg

Back
Top Bottom