what color is my lionhead called??

therealsilkiechick

ShowGirl Queen
12 Years
Jul 18, 2007
Northwestern, pa
this is my lady claire does anyone know what color she is??? i have been trying for a few weeks now to figure it out but still can't tell after looking at many pics and sites. closest thing i can find is cream or blue tort mabe is there any other colors closer to what she looks like i'm missing? thanks for any help!!
silkie

pigeonsandbunnies054.jpg

pigeonsandbunnies043.jpg

here is pics of 2 of my new babies i just bought had to share while i was thinking about it,lol. enjoy!!

indigo- blue eyed white holland lop buck
pigeonsandbunnies152.jpg

and reese my other lop tort buck. he was playing hide and seak in my son's hat,lol. his ears have not fully lopped yet but r working on it. i don't have a pic yet of the tort and black broken mini rex girls yet but they r adorable too!!
pigeonsandbunnies162.jpg

I dont know bunny colors too well but I used to show and I was going to guess blue tort with the little bits of blue in her coat. They are all super adorable though!!

Last edited:
awe, thank you all for the nice comments.
smile.png
we
love.gif
our new cuties they r all such sweethearts!! i'll try to take some better pics of claire and the 2 new girls outside in a bit if rain holds off good enough.

when i bought claire from a friend she said she never had one have a baby that color before best she could tell me was mabe broken but she knows her colors less than me,lol. i'll check her over better see if i can describe her color or fur or if any markings see if that may help tell too.

i know another lionhead breeder so if we can't figure it out i'll send her pics of her see if she knows, didn't think of that before. lynx was a thought too i saw a rex one at the breeder's i was just talking about and it was similar to her but i can't remember what he really looked like now so i'll look see if i can find pics of that color. i don't think fawn unless there is a diluted form of that claire's color is way different than my lop and flemish fawns her coat is like pastel compaired to theirs it's kinda like a lavander/creamish or lavander/choc milk coloration it's really neat looking.

we want to show claire in aug that's why i want to find out what she is so i know how to enter her for show. do u have a link i can read the standards? would love to learn more about different colors for several breeds.
thanks,
silkie

oo shes gorgeous! i love the color. i dont know a lot about lionheads but i have dwarfs and hollad lops and they have the same colors.
i would say she is blue tort. she could be the cream but i think she is too orange for that. The diluted blueish color i see on her ears and nose areas would mean the blue tort too and not lynx or fawn. i could be wrong tho because it is so hard to tell in pictures. emailing the breeder is a great idea to be positive. i foud this site that shows pics and descriptions...look in the red or wide band family for pics like her
http://www.lionheadrabbit.net/gencolorindex.htm
good luck at the show!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom