What Comb Type is Type?

Letty1

Chirping
Jun 24, 2022
Hello. Does anyone know what comb type this chicken has? These pictures were taken when the bird was still a cockerel, but he's older now. I'm pretty sure he's a bantam, maybe a Dutch. Any ideas would helpful, thanks!
1686704573702.png

1686704639988.png

Here's another comb I'm not sure of. These chickens are my grandparents', so I don't get the opportunity to take pictures of them often. This photo is outdated as well, and the bird has grown a lot since then. I'm hoping the chicken wasn't too young to tell which comb type it has. I'm thinking maybe a cushion, but I'm not certain.
1686860843894.png

Here's another comb I'm not sure of. These chickens are my grandparents', so I don't get the opportunity to take pictures of them often. This photo is outdated as well, and the bird has grown a lot since then. I'm hoping the chicken wasn't too young to tell which comb type it has. I'm thinking maybe a cushion, but I'm not certain. View attachment 3543071
I think it is a rose comb. I would expect a cushion comb to be more smooth, without the little bumps on the upper surface. But I could easily be wrong, especially on a chick that young.

Are you able to get a photo of the same bird when it is older?

I think it is a rose comb. I would expect a cushion comb to be more smooth, without the little bumps on the upper surface. But I could easily be wrong, especially on a chick that young.

Are you able to get a photo of the same bird when it is older?
Thank you for your thoughts on the comb. I'll try to get a new picture of the bird soon!

Back
Top Bottom