What could it be?

acb6690

In the Brooder
Jun 20, 2020
Ok.... in the last week something got into our run and completely gutted a chicken. Just the skeleton was left.... then the next day (could be unrelated) something killed a wild bird and her babies from a nest off a bush near our driveway. Then last night something killed one duck and ate it’s neck.... then I come out this morning to find bits and pieces of our male duck all around the run and a massive hole dug by the fence. We’ve done a ton of predator proofing, all but burying wire around the run due to its size. Any ideas on what it could be?

Ok.... in the last week something got into our run and completely gutted a chicken. Just the skeleton was left.... then the next day (could be unrelated) something killed a wild bird and her babies from a nest off a bush near our driveway. Then last night something killed one duck and ate it’s neck.... then I come out this morning to find bits and pieces of our male duck all around the run and a massive hole dug by the fence. We’ve done a ton of predator proofing, all but burying wire around the run due to its size. Any ideas on what it could be?
Mink?

:welcome :frowI see you have been a member for a little while. My suggestion would be to put up a camera. I know the camera will only get pictures but then you will know what you're dealing with and can make a plan. I have electric wires around my coops and pens. Not knowing where you live, not sure of what predators you have to deal with. Most predators explore with their noses and once they touch the hot wire they don't test it again. Good luck...

You might want to add your general location (state).
ScreenshotAccountDetails.jpg

:welcome :frowI see you have been a member for a little while. My suggestion would be to put up a camera. I know the camera will only get pictures but then you will know what you're dealing with and can make a plan. I have electric wires around my coops and pens. Not knowing where you live, not sure of what predators you have to deal with. Most predators explore with their noses and once they touch the hot wire they don't test it again. Good luck...
I’m in Missouri, and live in the country so I’ve seen all sorts of predators on our road. It all happens at night as well. Thank you for all your posts and help!

Back
Top Bottom