What gender? 9 week olds and some 6 week olds

How's the GLW looking? Yours had much bigger legs and way more showy gold in her feathers than my pullet had at 9 weeks.

Wish that I could help with your stunning Silkie but I've never had that breed.

35F30C6D-99C6-4473-B198-5927FC7CD846.jpeg
13956964-6491-4BA8-8A2F-98443F2E2655.jpeg
0D0D4020-88AE-4E57-96A6-99B184E3BEBE.jpeg
Great. I’m just going to keep assuming my Silkie is a little lady until further developments.

As for my GLW, here are some updated pictures. She has the body of a hen, but a very red face. Also now 13 weeks.

I found a photo of my GLW from around the same age that yours is now. Her face also got fairly red around this time. Apparently the cockerels are really, REALLY "showy" by this age. I think you're fine and yours will be laying for you this fall. My GLW is a really consistent layer (though for some unknown reason she laid her egg in the run today for the first time in her life).

IMG_0089.jpg

I am surprised how many are saying pullet for your GLW. It has all the rooster signs that I am familiar with for this age. The comb itself is very red. There isn’t a great pic, but it looks like there are red wattles there already. And the tail has a distinct curving at the end of it. All those signs in addition to the loud but gorgeous coloring says roo to me. Compare all those points I made to the example Chicken Strut posted and it might be clearer.

I am surprised how many are saying pullet for your GLW. It has all the rooster signs that I am familiar with for this age. The comb itself is very red. There isn’t a great pic, but it looks like there are red wattles there already. And the tail has a distinct curving at the end of it. All those signs in addition to the loud but gorgeous coloring says roo to me. Compare all those points I made to the example Chicken Strut posted and it might be clearer.

At 13 weeks the comb and wattles would be much more developed. As for the coloring that is definitely pullet a cockerel would have a black section across the shoulders.
She is one of the prettier colored GLW I have seen posted.

Back
Top Bottom