What in the heck color is this guinea??

Quote:
Ok that all makes sense...so I'm leaning toward that male bird being royal purple then, his line must have been lighter than the royal purples I have which are dark, +/- the fact that he could be in molt. And the fact that I got what look to be pearl gray baby and royal purple baby and no other colors from a coral blue hen crossed over him, means that the coral blue mom's parentage had to have had pearl gray in the line somewhere... I making any sense out of this?

No, he's definitely not a Royal Purple, he's fully pearled, and Royal Purples are partially pearled like the Coral Blue is.... with pearling visible just in the flank area and they have barring on the wings.

These are a few of my Royal Purples, they usually don't vary much in shade, but can have a bronze tint to their feathers.
201003051421124b9175c86ee8c.jpg

201003051425384b9176d21a563.jpg

Quote:
What pretty birds you have! My RPs look like the one of yours out in front in the 1st pic. There's quite the difference in shade b/n yours!

This guy is just a mystery to me!

These aren't real great pics, and the lighting is bad but maybe you get the general idea of what my Brown (or Cinnamon) Hens look like, and how splotchy they look on their backs right now due to sun-fade from our long hot summers here and the fact that they are going thru their molt. Wish I had a male in this color so you could see how much lighter they are than the Hens, (but he'd still be sun-faded and splotchy on the back area). All I have in this color are Hens tho
hmm.png
There's a Royal Purple or 2 and a Chocolate in there too, and you can see the Chocolate's all splotchy too. In a few weeks all the splotchiness will be milted out.

spoltchybrown1.jpg

spoltchybrown2.jpg

spoltchybrown4.jpg

Here's another Brown (or Cinnamon) Hen, from a different bloodline, but this was taken last year after a molt, before sun-fade
84252_spbrnh.jpg

Last edited:
BaGAWK!! :

Peeps, so the dark skin on your browns and chocolates are brown/black? I'm asking the lady now over txt what color hers are.

Yes, at least these 9 Hens do (6 Browns and 3 Chocolates), they all have brownish hue/tint to the dark stripe. When they were younger, it had a pinkish brown hue... kind of reminded me of the color of a Chocolate Lab's nose, or Chesapeake Bay Retriever's...
Brown on the left, Pearl Grey on the right
afaceonlyamothercouldlove.jpg

Hi everyone, I know this post is years old but I can't find anything on the internet that helps with my question and so I thought you guys may know! I have a 2year old female white Guinea fowl and within 5-6 days all her feathers have turned grey, does anyone why this is?

Hi everyone, I know this post is years old but I can't find anything on the internet that helps with my question and so I thought you guys may know! I have a 2year old female white Guinea fowl and within 5-6 days all her feathers have turned grey, does anyone why this is?
Did she molt and get new feathers or have her preexisting feathers changed color? My guess would be that her preexisting white feathers have been stained with something she dust-bathed in… 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom