What is happening to my flock??

buglett88

Chirping
Mar 17, 2017
Snohomish County, WA
9 month old pullet. Lethargic, skinny feeling, stopped laying, became paralyzed and died within the day. What happened? Also had little ticks and tremors right before she died.
The same thing happened to two 5 month old roosters not too long ago.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing something wrong? How normal is it to lose chickens??
I'm getting the flock tested. I wonder if they have an underlying disease??

Sad to hear about your chickens :( I personally don't know what exactly happened, But They Could have eaten pesticide because the symptoms sounded neurological. I don't think it is too normal to just have chickens Die at a young age.

What are you feeding? What other symptoms? Eating? Drinking? Poop; runny, bloody, stinky? IF it happens again, bag the bird & refrigerate. In the mean time call your Dept of Ag if they can refer you to someone that could do a necropsy? OR if there's a Vet in your area that will do it. Sorry for your loss & I hope the mystery gets solved.

I am really glad to hear you will test. Nothing beats the exact cause instead of a lot of guessing. Send the bird to your state animal disease lab. Your vet doesn't have the means to do a thorough necropsy.

Back
Top Bottom