What is my budgie’s mutation?

sekeyslaks

Crowing
9 Years
Jun 25, 2014
As stated I am trying to figure out my new Budgie hen’s mutation,It would be simple for normal people to look up but I happen to be rather colorblind to blue colors so I can’t distinguish the different shades very well!Every blue bird I have looked up has a white face usually but she has a yellow one.I think my girl is still younger than a year as well so her colors might very well change a bit.(which I will update if she does) I suspect violet in her cause I noticed at the base of her neck there are small purple patches that are hard to see in her pictures and I noticed she has bits of green on her chest.Here she is!If you need other pictures please don’t hesitate to ask.
B20978E4-9A7D-4007-AADD-FF5D66F72D3A.jpeg
2B7D6F75-DA4F-4334-A5B3-EBF749823F03.jpeg

I'll give a go at getting you started and maybe there's someone a little more knowledgeable around here.
Your little one has some kind of Yellow/Golden face mutation. I do not really know how to identify which one but I'd guess Yellow face type II? She is also Opaline. Her base colour might be Mauve but I'm having a hard time telling.

I'll give a go at getting you started and maybe there's someone a little more knowledgeable around here.
Your little one has some kind of Yellow/Golden face mutation. I do not really know how to identify which one but I'd guess Yellow face type II? She is also Opaline. Her base colour might be Mauve but I'm having a hard time telling.
I think you hit the nail on the head personally!Thanks for the help! Since you are unsure of the base color I’ll wait till she is more mature to take a more concrete pic of her colors,cause if she is Yellow face type II then I expect her blue to turn green in later years.

Back
Top Bottom