WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY NEW CHICK

SaucyWench

Hatching
Apr 30, 2020
I just got a batch of new chicks this morning. Picked them up at 7:30 at the Post Office.
2 chicks out of 17 seem like they may not make it.
The one especially. Its wings hang and it cant stand. It's like the feet curl under so IF he can even manage to get up for a minute he is standing on the top of his feet / knuckles. He literally pushes himself around on his tummy with the top of his feet and his wings dragging. He only seems content to cuddle with me. I am trying to keep those 2 separate from the others.
Is there something I can do ?
I really dont want this to be an automatic death sentence for Him / her.

I just got a batch of new chicks this morning. Picked them up at 7:30 at the Post Office.
2 chicks out of 17 seem like they may not make it.
The one especially. Its wings hang and it cant stand. It's like the feet curl under so IF he can even manage to get up for a minute he is standing on the top of his feet / knuckles. He literally pushes himself around on his tummy with the top of his feet and his wings dragging. He only seems content to cuddle with me. I am trying to keep those 2 separate from the others.
Is there something I can do ?
I really dont want this to be an automatic death sentence for Him / her.
Do they eat and drink still? If so then that’s good. Maybe some vitamin water could help. If they aren’t drinking or eating I don’t really know what else you can do unfortunately.

It's hard to speculate without pictures or video... I'm not an expert but it could be stress or a vitamin deficiency. I'd separate them from the others and add a vitamin B complex to their water. I've heard of others having success with poly-vi-sol (without iron), haven't used it myself. Then I'd keep a close eye on them and try to determine if they may have spraddle leg or a slipped tendon. Hopefully they're still eating and drinking. Good luck, hope they recover.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom