What temperature can goslings withstand?

keith14

Songster
May 28, 2021
Somewhere On Earth
I have a 23 day old gosling and she makes a mess inside the house so I don't know if it's time to take her outside since it's my first time raising a goose. The weather in my area is around 80 degrees so it's pretty hot but at night it's around 60 degrees.

Geese are pretty hardy. Is it a single bird? It definitely can go out during the day to get used to being out wherever you are keeping it. It also should be able to handle the night temperatures if housed in a well bedded shed.

Well I don't think she prefers other poultry. I had a duckling but they never got a long. I think she likes humans more.
She may become upset when you try to leave her alone outside. Geese are flock animals. Another goose would be the best company. My geese go after my ducks and chickens. They do like my goats though.

Well I don't think she prefers other poultry. I had a duckling but they never got a long. I think she likes humans more.
I had two Ducks and they stayed in a Trailer Coop with my Chickens and Bantams, where ever the Chickens went on our 4 acres the Ducks would follow the Chickens, I not long ago I gave the Ducks away because they made so much of a mess in the coop, I raised them for a year

Back
Top Bottom