What the heck is going on here?

1dermaker1

Songster
Feb 2, 2023
Kearneysville, WV
So, I was in the coop, here it was about 7 pm. and noticed one of my RIRs on the roosting bar, and it looked like she was about to pass an egg, so concerned, I watched her. At first a small dribble of clear liquid came out. And then it really looked like she was pushing. So, with some trepidation, (not knowing what was going to come out), I poised myself to catch whatever the result was...(I know, that's what I was thinking too)

Anyway, she pushed again and I saw what looked like an egg, so I caught it before it hit their litter.
20230712_192310.jpg

It appears to be a partial shell and a mostly fully formed egg. Both are soft shelled. I'm giving them oyster shell on the side and feeding Scratch and Peck growers mash, (I have cockerels in my flock) all of the flock turned 17weeks yesterday. 5 to 7 pullets are laying fairly regularly (32 eggs in 9 days!)

This is my first flock and I have 4 RIRs, 5 Redstars, 5 Whiting True Green, 5 Whiting True Blue, and 5 Black Australorp. 1 Golden Polish Cockerel and 2 Bielefelder cockerels.

Any advice is appreciated, and Thank you in advance!

Back
Top Bottom