What to feed 3 month old chickens?

77horses

◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊
15 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Maine
I have a couple 2 1/2 to 3 month old chickens who have been raised on starter/grower feed along with some table scraps and treats and whatever they find while in their tractor coop outside (grass, bugs, etc.). Now that they're about 3 months old, and are almost completely feathered, should I take them off starter/grower feed? If so, should I switch to cracked corn? I know cracked corn is considered a "junk food" for chickens but it's okay if they eat it while free ranging. I figured it's too early for layer pellets, plus I'm 99% sure one of them is a rooster so he shouldn't be eating layer pellets anyways. Thoughts?

Stick with the starter/grower until about 16 weeks or until they start laying. You can still feed your snacks though I'm sure they won't complain :)

Okay thanks!
smile.png

Stick with the starter/grower until about 16 weeks or until they start laying. You can still feed your snacks though I'm sure they won't complain :)
They are right, if you look on the back of the feed bag there should be a feed chart. At least there is on the feed I use which is the cheapest starter/grower.

Back
Top Bottom