What treats to bring peafowl?

black_cat

♥♥Lover of Leghorns♥♥
May 21, 2020
Connecticut
I am volunteering at a local farm and there is a pair of peafowl. I'm allowed to bring them treats and would like to befriend them. What treats should I bring?

Most Peafowl absolutely love bananas and they quickly become a favorite. Sometimes Peafowl will only accept small chunks of banana though so you can break off an inch or so and split it like a pie into pieces. Most fruits and vegitables are very healthy, especially kale and berries. They often do not like hard things like carrots unless cut very small and prefer all treats to be bite sized or very soft. Also if you feed them peanuts or any other treat they must have NO SALT!!! Sunflower seeds, corn and grain are good options and cat food as well because of protein content. Make sure to look up what foods are toxic to birds before you give them any though.

Most Peafowl absolutely love bananas and they quickly become a favorite. Sometimes Peafowl will only accept small chunks of banana though so you can break off an inch or so and split it like a pie into pieces. Most fruits and vegitables are very healthy, especially kale and berries. They often do not like hard things like carrots unless cut very small and prefer all treats to be bite sized or very soft. Also if you feed them peanuts or any other treat they must have NO SALT!!! Sunflower seeds, corn and grain are good options and cat food as well because of protein content. Make sure to look up what foods are toxic to birds before you give them any though.
I will bring some bananas with me tomorrow!

👍Those are just about the most handy and portable treats. I feed mine from hand and they just tear off chunks but most do not let people close and would rather eat small pieces.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201114-162534.png
    Screenshot_20201114-162534.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 4
I....I gave my chickens the last banana earlier before I read this.......do you think raspberries would work well?

Back
Top Bottom