What would cause green liver spots?

BirdBrain

Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Alaska
Momma has been raising some light brahmas that were sent with guineas. They were hatched on May 27th. Everything has been coasting along fine. Today she noticed that one of the chicks was a bit droopy and picked it up to look it over. The chick was very light weight compared to his hatchmates. Momma culled him this afternoon and did a short necropsy. She found a bit if food in the crop but nothing else of note until she got to the liver. She said there were green spots on the liver and wondered if that could give a clue as to the cause of his trouble. She said she had not ruptured the bile sack. I am out of town and don't have access to my vet book. Anyone have any ideas as to what could have happened to this chick?

They are free ranged during the day. The have been eating the game bird feed that the guineas were eating but they also eat at the grower/starter feeder when tgey find none of the bigger birds eating. I don't know if she noticed any change in poop.

In hospitals, green growth often indicates pseudomonas. The stuff grows everywhere. They moved away from bar soap because it was cultured off bars of soap. Have no idea whether this applies here.

Back
Top Bottom