What's in the feet?

Thanks, love the ones in yours too! I only have 1 hen and 1 roo buff laced, got some of their eggs in the incubator that should hatch soon. Hopefully it goes well and I'll have a few more buff laced babies for my flock 🥰 The only downside is the roo has a single comb.

I'm curious, do you know if the pullets usually feather out at 2 weeks old with lacing on the wings? And the cockerels dont? I want to keep two pullets (with pea combs) from this hatch if everything goes well. 🤞
I just looked at one of your other threads and it appears your single combed Brahma is a crossbreed :/ He had very little leg feather, improper lacing along with a single comb. For good Buff Laced stock, I recommend Carolina Rare Chicks!

I just looked at one of your other threads and it appears your single combed Brahma is a crossbreed :/ He had very little leg feather, improper lacing along with a single comb. For good Buff Laced stock, I recommend Carolina Rare Chicks!
Since you brought it up I will explain and leave it at that. I'm aware of his single comb and his feathering problems earlier in life which has been no secret up to this point. I'm also aware of some of the genetics that went into the powell line and what's possibly a factor in some of his 'issues' and I'm also aware of Carolina chicks. I decided to hatch from my own stock for my own flock for several reasons. Bringing in fresh stock was also already considered but it will be dependant on how this hatch goes as this will also give me a clue as to the genetics of the hen and how well the diy incubator works. But thanks..

Some people also feel that male chicks have bigger feet/ stockier legs than females, but this is FAR from accurate. :)

It's kind of like saying "boys are taller than girls" (about humans.) Yeah, maybe sometimes, but you can't predict sex that way.

Back
Top Bottom