Whats in YOUR grower pen?

In one inside brooder is 6 Blue Ameraucana, a White Jap and an unknown bantam, a Barred Cochin and a mixed standard. In the second inside brooder is 8 Blue Ameraucana and 2 Bobwhite Quail. The 3rd brooder inside is 2 Blue Swedish ducklings.

The top brooder in the outside coop has 6 Blue Ameraucana, Buff and White Black-tailed Japs, a Golden neck d'Uccle, a Red, Gray and Black Silkie, a standard and a bantam Light Brahma, and a little black unknown bantam.

My juvie grow out pen has 2 Partridge Cochins, 2 Salmon Faverolles, a Speckled Sussex, a White Leghorn, a Black and a Red Sex Link, 2 Light Brahmas, 2 Red Cochins, 3 Blue Ameraucanas, 2 Black Australorps, 2 Welsummers and a Partridge Rock.

And I just added 10 assorted Bantams, an Amberlink and an EE mix (til they get bigger) to my Bantam pen.

I have roughly 100 eggs under broodies right now, due to hatch Fathers Day weekend. That might be my last large set of chicks for this year.

Actually I don't live on a huge farm. I only have 10 hens laying right now.
gig.gif
It will be interesting when my 100 chicks grow up and lay too.

They are for hobby, and most of my new ones I will be selling eggs and chicks.

Chicks are just wonderful little things, and I live close to a HUGE animal fair that is monthly. So if I think I can't control this many it is quite easy to sell them.

Right now I am actually overflowed with eggs, with just 10 hens. But we have lots of people wanting to buy them, so it's all good. Plus my animals love eggs, and hatching eggs, and incubating them. I'm sure I will find something to do with them.

The main part of chickens for me is fun, hobby, and pets, the eggs are just extra. lol

LOL shame on you for such a question

There's the delawares around twelve or so - 12-15 weeks.

The Sizzles all around 12 weeks

The EEs 5wks, 12 weeks, 14/15 weeks.

The Turkeys 12 weeks and 5 weeks

The Rocks, 12 weeks, 8wks, 5wks

ummm geezus hold still...

Oh yeah, bantam dark brahma - from sq stock.

Then there's the eggs in the bator, turkeys, and marans.

Then the layers and the adult turkeys - oh two hens on eggs...

Ummm...

That's probably close to it. Juvies and layers and turkeys free range nine acres - ohhh yeah and the two momma broodies with 3 wk old chicks, and the one broody with some eggs under her now...

They hardly count since I neither hatch nor brood those.

The 12 week old turkeys and rocks, a couple of RIRs, a pair of Australorp mutts are all in the grower kennel... Darn... add three australorp mutts to juvies... knew I forgot someone.

That should be about it. I don't stop to add. Most will be sold over the next two weeks to pay a root canal bill. Sigh.

I'll keep a core of layers, of delawares, of turkeys and of rocks to work back up and improve on for next year.

Ohh and the guineas in the kitchen but they're only six of them and they're four days old.

Wow! I thought I was bad (or good
wink.png
) with...

BBS Orps
BLRW
Blue and black Wyandottes
Delawares
Mottled Java trio (I am going to sell these soon)

I do have some eggs in the bator and one more hatch to do that I am waiting on eggs...then I am DONE...for a while anyway.

Back
Top Bottom