Whats wrong with my roo?

bantieboy

Songster
10 Years
Apr 21, 2009
new oxford pa
barnie.gif
I have a bantie roo which is 26 weeks old. When he is in the coop trying to eat he goes limp when other chickens are around him falls to the ground and can only move his head and all the others just step on him. So i Picked him up put him in a crate and went to get water. I got the water went to the crate and noticed he was jumping around and trying to get out i opened the door and grabbed him. When i went to put the water in he jumped out on to the coop floor and ran to the feeder was acting fine then boom fell over and they just walked all over him and he just rolled around and moved his head, so i put the food shell and water in his crate put him in and he is up moving around. Eating and drinking just fine. Can anyone tell me what is going on with him? I dont want to loose him he is a beautiful rooster and i planned on getting chicks out of him.
hit.gif

I wish I could be more helpful....
he sounds like a total submissive, which isn't going to help you get chicks anytime soon.

Maybe the little mirrors kept falling off his toes, so this was all he could think of?

That's what I was thinking, it sounds like submissive behavior. They will go limp in high stress situations. I had a roo recently get his foot caught in a chair slat. He flapped a few times and then just fell over limp and hung upside down.
Maybe the feeder scenario with all the other chickens is too much for him? Can you try him at the feeder with just a few chickens and see how he reacts?

Back
Top Bottom