Wheezing Chickens

HilaryAkin

Songster
May 23, 2021
Northern Lower Michigan
I noticed one of my light brahmas wheezing this morning so I immediately separated her and gave her a piece of bread soaked in olive oil. I haven't noticed it working yet. Any other suggestions? Here are a couple of videos to show you what the wheezing is like. She wasn't happy in the cage, clearly. I haven't noticed any discharge or anything, and she appears to be eating and drinking fine,

Last edited:
I don’t hear anything out of the ordinary. They can make a variety of sound when vocalizing. When they eat, they can get a little piece of chicken feed stuck in the air way, and that can sometimes last for hours. Their voices get a bit deeper when they mature. Listen for any sneezing or cough, but even that can be normal if it only happens occasionally or during eating.

I don’t hear anything out of the ordinary. They can make a variety of sound when vocalizing. When they eat, they can get a little piece of chicken feed stuck in the air way, and that can sometimes last for hours. Their voices get a bit deeper when they mature. Listen for any sneezing or cough, but even that can be normal if it only happens occasionally or during eating.
I don't think they were the best videos because she definitely sounds different than normal. That said, I did just check on her and maybe the bread worked because she didn't seem to be wheezing so much. Think she's okay to be with her fellow chickens then? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom