When can I put my littles in the main coop?

luv4hart

In the Brooder
Apr 5, 2023
my current flock mainly consists of 5 bantams and 1 standard chicken (RIR) around 12 weeks old.

I wanted to add a few more so I currently have 3 standard chicks (1 easter egger, 1 legbar, and 1 Cochin) and 1 bantam Cochin. They are 2 weeks old.

I wanted to go ahead and start introducing them to the current flock during the day in an enclosed cage. The days are in the 70-80s here is that ok? I’d bring them back in at night of course.

They are 2 weeks old.
The days are in the 70-80s here is that ok? I’d bring them back in at night of course.
At two weeks old they should be fine in those temperatures as long as they are protected from a direct wind hitting them. In another two weeks they will be fine in 40 F as long as they can get out of a wind.

At two weeks old they should be fine in those temperatures as long as they are protected from a direct wind hitting them. In another two weeks they will be fine in 40 F as long as they can get out of a wind.
That’s what I’m thinking. Of course around here we will be having severe storms for the next week and a half 🤦🏻‍♀️.

Back
Top Bottom