When can you see in darker eggs?

Wait it out a bit longer. You should be able to see by a week if anything is happening. Some eggs you just can't see through, but i've only had that experience on reeeaaaalllly dark eggs (had a dark army green olive egger egg that sat the whole 21 days with a big ol' ??? on it). thankfully it hatched rather than exploding.

Wait it out a bit longer. You should be able to see by a week if anything is happening. Some eggs you just can't see through, but i've only had that experience on reeeaaaalllly dark eggs (had a dark army green olive egger egg that sat the whole 21 days with a big ol' ??? on it). thankfully it hatched rather than exploding.
thanks. I figured I would leave them until I was sure.

2 are under my broody and those are a bit harder to candle since I try to do it when she is off the nest which is normally when it is lighter out. so I try to hide in the darkest part of the coop to check them. LOL

what light do you have? if I can find something local or fast ship I may get another one.

I ordered this one from Amazon. LED Candler. It's the same one that someone else on BYC recommended. It is only 500 lumens, but it worked well enough I could see something in all these eggs.

EDIT-- the color balance isn't perfect, The eggs are a little darker AND the apparently white eggs in the middle really are sky blue.

BrownEggs.jpg

I ordered this one from Amazon. LED Candler. It's the same one that someone else on BYC recommended. It is only 500 lumens, but it worked well enough I could see something in all these eggs.

EDIT-- the color balance isn't perfect, The eggs are a little darker AND the apparently white eggs in the middle really are sky blue.

View attachment 3077836
Thank you. :)

View attachment 3077836
Yes, that's the candler that I have. I really like it.

Here are candling pics of the 2 dark eggs and the medium one, I can see chick moving in med one and some veins. Does anyone see anything in the dark ones? My phone takes crappy candling pics. Going to have to try my daughter's. S3&4 are the dark eggs, S9 is the medium.

Attachments

• IMG_20220425_202742990~3.jpg
    IMG_20220425_202742990~3.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20220425_202908307~2.jpg
    IMG_20220425_202908307~2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20220425_203320376_BURST000_COVER~2.jpg
    IMG_20220425_203320376_BURST000_COVER~2.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20220425_203136406~2.jpg
    IMG_20220425_203136406~2.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 4
Here are candling pics of the 2 dark eggs and the medium one, I can see chick moving in med one and some veins. Does anyone see anything in the dark ones? My phone takes crappy candling pics. Going to have to try my daughter's. S3&4 are the dark eggs, S9 is the medium.
I see embryos in S5 and S9. Not sure about the other 2.

I see embryos in S5 and S9. Not sure about the other 2.
ok. Ya S5 is the lighter one that I can see. S9 is the medium that I can see (can't see veining as well but can see some). the other 2 I can't see anything but don't look clear really either but I can't make out veins or an embryo at all. Guess I will keep them and wait some more.

Back
Top Bottom