When did your bronze turkeys start breeding?

I have 3 bronze turkeys that are 22 weeks old, and I got them on March 20th. Yesterday my bronze tom started breeding one of my hens after she submitted to him. Is this normal for that age because I had read that they wouldn't reach sexual maturity until 6 or 7 months old? Also, will my bronze hens possibly start laying, or will I have to wait until next spring because my royal palm is still laying?
The hens will probably lay some this fall, however, I wouldn't try hatching them as they will be small and the time of year wouldn't be ideal. But yes they are about the age to start breading, or at least learning how to bread.

The hens will probably lay some this fall, however, I wouldn't try hatching them as they will be small and the time of year wouldn't be ideal. But yes they are about the age to start breading, or at least learning how to bread.
My bronze hen just laid her first egg today, but like you said it's small. I'm planning on breaking it to see if it's fertile, but I don't plan on attempting to incubate anything until next spring.

Back
Top Bottom