When do I take eggs out?

Ashelton0123

In the Brooder
Mar 6, 2021
Hello again! I candled my eggs last night and I’m pretty sure half of them have no veins at all but the shell is spotted and it’s hard to tell for sure so I was going to give them a little while before I took them out... how long is safe to leave them in? When should I check the eggs in question again?
This is also my first time incubating duck eggs which I also checked on day 8... Is this a blood ring? Should I remove it or give it a couple days to make sure? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 89D6F167-095A-461A-9FDF-CC07C6DBC73D.jpeg
    89D6F167-095A-461A-9FDF-CC07C6DBC73D.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 10
Hello again! I candled my eggs last night and I’m pretty sure half of them have no veins at all but the shell is spotted and it’s hard to tell for sure so I was going to give them a little while before I took them out... how long is safe to leave them in? When should I check the eggs in question again?
This is also my first time incubating duck eggs which I also checked on day 8... Is this a blood ring? Should I remove it or give it a couple days to make sure? Thanks in advance!
That embryo has died.

Yeah, it's a quitter. I'm sorry.

Thank you all. That’s what I thought... What about my other eggs? How long should I leave them before checking them again and then taking them out?

Thank you all. That’s what I thought... What about my other eggs? How long should I leave them before checking them again and then taking them out?
How many days have they been in the incubator? Unless you're 100% sure on quitters, don't toss any until after hatch day.

How many days have they been in the incubator? Unless you're 100% sure on quitters, don't toss any until after hatch day.
This was day 8. I’m on day 10 now. Will they not go rotten if I wait that long?

Back
Top Bottom