Where can I find easy DIY instructions for building a rabbit hutch and run?

bridgetchicken

Songster
Sep 19, 2022
Does anybody know where I can find easy DIY instructions for building a rabbit hutch and run? And would a 36" tall perimeter be sufficient enough to prevent a rabbit from jumping over?

Does anybody know where I can find easy DIY instructions for building a rabbit hutch and run? And would a 36" tall perimeter be sufficient enough to prevent a rabbit from jumping over?
I can't answer the first, but its a definite NO on the second. You also have to consider digging under.

I tried to provide my rabbits lots of room - they escaped so frequently, I ended up building 2.5' x 4' (or 5') x 36" tall cages for them.

I'm digging through my videos looking for something to show you.
Here in the one you can kind of see what I built in the background.
I'll find a better video.

Also, is keeping a bunny easier than keeping a few chickens? I only have quails at the moment. I'm deciding which is better, a bunny (new zealand or californian), or two or three hens. Does rabbit poop/urine attract flies as much as chicken poop?

Also, is keeping a bunny easier than keeping a few chickens? I only have quails at the moment. I'm deciding which is better, a bunny (new zealand or californian), or two or three hens. Does rabbit poop/urine attract flies as much as chicken poop?
Does it attact flies? Yes. As bad as chickens? Seems similar to me, but I use deep litter in both cases, which helps.

Easier?? They are certainly easier to dispatch and butcher for freezer camp.

I keep my one rabbit indoors.
He is litter box trained. No bugs and no smell.

1696459802559.png

Peanut Bunny, my smallest.

Another pic, different bunny. Using a folgers coffee as the water bowl. Rabbit will empty between 1/5th and 1/3 each day.

1696459925348.png

I feed pellets for nutrition, offer untreated white wood "boxes" and grassses from my pasture for fiber/tooth size control. No floor in those boxes, or the bunny gold piles up and flies descend.

Back
Top Bottom