Where to get food grade DE in NC or SC?

I ended up having a friend bring me some from Virginia when I couldn't find any around here. What part of NC are you located in? If you're close by, I'd be glad to give you a mop bucket full. Might hold you over until you can find some otherwise.

If you click your state on the map of the URL below at the bottom where it says "Order from your local distributor", you will be given a list of the retailers of food grade DE in your state(s).
PERMA-GUARD HOME PAGE (LIST OF STATE SUPPLIERS)
http://perma-guard.com/index.html

For NC the following was given. They also list some in VA that might be closer to where you live.
Shadow Ridge
77 Oxford Road
Peachland, NC 28133
Cheryl Orlowski
Phone 704-272-7110

Last edited:
there is a feed store in Columbia SC that carries it-- I am trying to get more details-like what store- how much etc. IF there were enough folks in the Greenville SC area Barrett's Feed could get it form cutom milling- htey used to get golden blend from there- but no longer carry it. If I could make it worth their time ( get up a big enough order) they would get in the DE.I saw a website that sells food grade DE for $64 for 50# including shipping, but I want to find it cheaper if I can.

I drive up to the other side of the state line in NC and buy mine on Hwy 9 above Tryon. Right now the feed store Little Mountain Feed Supply has small bags but he keeps telling me he is going to get in the 50# size.
A little goes a long way and I have only bought 2 small bags so far this year but would prefer to buy a large bag just for the cost difference and savings.
They do have a web site but it doesn't show much. Their phone number and email address is on the web site.
I run up there about every 2 to 3 weeks for feed since they are the only ones in my area to carry Blue Seal feed. We feed that brand to the chickens and the Guinea pigs.

Quote:
Hey priszilla when you find out where let me know. We are going home August 9th.

Custom Milling out of Ga. carries PermaGuard Food Grade DE. For 50# including UPS delivery I pay 45.56 to NC

Last edited:
Thanks for all the information and help. Will try to order from Custom Milling on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom