Where to sell baby chicks?

I don't sell myself but hitchpin.com is a good place from what I've seen so far & you can sell on Facebook just not in marketplace. Search for groups that sell. Good luck! 👍
Screenshot_20201220-115340_Facebook.jpg

This year I started hatching and selling chicks and I found out that you aren't allowed to sell animals on Facebook. Where can you sell chicks at? I don't know whether to start my own business and website or if there are special sites for it. Thank you so much in advance.
Technically you aren't allowed to sell on facebook, BUT in local poultry groups lots of people do anyways. You just have to be careful with the words you use.

Whether or not you want to risk it is up to you.

Craigslist is another option aswell.

Technically you aren't allowed to sell on facebook, BUT in local poultry groups lots of people do anyways. You just have to be careful with the words you use.

Whether or not you want to risk it is up to you.

Craigslist is another option aswell.
I'm just not going to bother with Facebook. You are allowed to sell anything non-live. I was in a group and the group got in trouble with Facebook for posting animals for sale.

I sell a lot of animals on facebook indirectly. I have a lot of friends that follow our farm life on fb and I don't post officially but I get creative with my wording. So like I just posted a goat on my page and the way I did it was talking about how he was doing and how much he's changed and then ended with I'm sure going to miss him when we find his family.

Plus as people see you post animals in general even if you don't say you're selling some will ask :)

Craigslist is good so is Hoobly. I sell puppies on there

I sell a lot of animals on facebook indirectly. I have a lot of friends that follow our farm life on fb and I don't post officially but I get creative with my wording. So like I just posted a goat on my page and the way I did it was talking about how he was doing and how much he's changed and then ended with I'm sure going to miss him when we find his family.

Plus as people see you post animals in general even if you don't say you're selling some will ask :)

Craigslist is good so is Hoobly. I sell puppies on there
Yeah but I don't have a Facebook. I just use my dad's and I don't want him getting banned or something. I will definitely look into Hoobly!

I have a friend who raises chickens and grows his chicks out to 3 month old pullets, then sells them at a local swap meet/farmers market/anything goes outdoor place. A 15' wide x 10' deep space costs $25/day and he stacks his cages on folding tables. He usually sells chickens one weekend a month. He gets $15-50 per pullet (he's got some cool stuff) and $5-50 per cockerel.

Sometimes he sells out quickly, usually in the spring and summer, and sometimes he brings home unsold birds to grow out another month before he brings them back the following sales day. He says Silkies sell super well, followed by high production layers, then oddball egg colors like EE and olive eggers and marans. He tried Ayam Cemanis, Deathlayers and other exotic looking chickens but the demand was either "sold every single one" or "zero sold" with no good way to figure out what might sell that weekend.

You might look into it if you have a swap meet like that near you and you could absorb the expense of a space rent in the number of chicks you're hatching out to sell.

Best luck!

I have a friend who raises chickens and grows his chicks out to 3 month old pullets, then sells them at a local swap meet/farmers market/anything goes outdoor place. A 15' wide x 10' deep space costs $25/day and he stacks his cages on folding tables. He usually sells chickens one weekend a month. He gets $15-50 per pullet (he's got some cool stuff) and $5-50 per cockerel.

Sometimes he sells out quickly, usually in the spring and summer, and sometimes he brings home unsold birds to grow out another month before he brings them back the following sales day. He says Silkies sell super well, followed by high production layers, then oddball egg colors like EE and olive eggers and marans. He tried Ayam Cemanis, Deathlayers and other exotic looking chickens but the demand was either "sold every single one" or "zero sold" with no good way to figure out what might sell that weekend.

You might look into it if you have a swap meet like that near you and you could absorb the expense of a space rent in the number of chicks you're hatching out to sell.

Best luck!
Thank you so much! I will definitely check those out!

Back
Top Bottom