White Crested, quiet duck breed?

cheezenkwackers

Crowing
7 Years
Aug 28, 2016
Memphis, TN
I received a two year old duck from a friend a back in March. He said she was a White Crested. I had to look up the breed as I had not heard of it. First, she has a black bill which does not match the pictures on the internet, so she may be a white duck with a crest not a White Crested. Anyway, I have noticed that she is very quiet. She can quack but only softly. When my drake mates with her she only lets out a soft "honk" where the other girls let out a loud one. I am wondering if that is normal for the breed, crested ducks, or if it is just her? She was raised mostly with chickens. Any ideas? And no, she is not a drake, she lays large, white eggs.
esz5tvVXRt6zHeU7w8Yfzg_thumb_298d.jpg

Last edited:
I received a two year old duck from a friend a back in March. He said she was a White Crested. I had to look up the breed as I had not heard of it. First, she has a black bill which does not match the pictures on the internet, so she may be a white duck with a crest not a White Crested. Anyway, I have noticed that she is very quiet. She can quack but only softly. When my drake mates with her she only lets out a soft "honk" where the other girls let out a loud one. I am wondering if that is normal for the breed, crested ducks, or if it is just her? She was raised mostly with chickens. Any ideas? And no, she is not a drake, she lays large, white eggs.View attachment 2211874
She's beautiful with that black bill! She looks like a queen!

I don't know the answer to your questions and just wanted to say that.

Back
Top Bottom