White Silkie Chicks From Ideal Poultry ..any Feedbacks?

jm93030

Songster
10 Years
Jun 4, 2009
I want to get some white silkie chicks from ideal , I want to know if you guys have pics for their stock....any good or bad feedbacks?

thank you

If your looking for pets they will be fine, but they will look nothing like what you get if you were to purchase from a quality breeder. Little to no foot/toe feathering, single combs, tiny crests or no crests at all, small cushions, etc.

Yeah you would be better off buying from an actual silkie breeder. Some aren't that much more expensive than hatcheries either.

Hatcheries breed for quantity, go to a breeder if you want quality. If you insist on using a hatchery, Cackle tends to have the best silkies compared to the other hatcheries, although you will likely get better cull birds from many breeders.

Quote:
You are right , I remember ordering from cackle and those silkies turn out pretty good

I sold some pairs for 80 dls

but they are sold out

I wanted to hear from other hatcheries

Thanks

Quote:
You are right , I remember ordering from cackle and those silkies turn out pretty good

I sold some pairs for 80 dls

but they are sold out

I wanted to hear from other hatcheries

Thanks

I agree. The best silkies I have seen come from a hatchery came from Cackle. Decent looking Silkies. Other hatchery silkies i've seen were very poor quaility.

If you are looking for pets, Ideal Silkies will work just fine. If you are looking for show birds, a breeder is the better option.

Back
Top Bottom