Who Else Does Gardening??

I grew tomatoes, green beans, peppers, and asparagus this year. That's it. Wanted to do more, but life got in the way. Canned all the salsa and green beans we'll need for two years. Neighbors gave me their excess cucumbers, so I'm flush with pickles, too. :)

I successfully (!) germinated strawberry seeds, intending to build a raised strawberry bed in the backyard - but need a tree removed first, so it did not get done (yet), either. I've kept them alive all summer in pots - 18 of them - and enjoyed some small snacks all summer long :) Yesterday, I transplanted all 18 of them to 4-gal buckets and arranged a rack near the floor drain and water faucet in my basement, with grow lights suspended above. Hopefully they can over-winter here, and get moved outdoors, finally, in the spring.

I also found three volunteer tomato plant seedlings near the barn, after all the rest of the garden was dead and gone. I've transplanted these to buckets, too and they're with the strawberries in my basement. It's not an ideal greenhouse setup, but we'll see how this goes! If I'm lucky, we'll have fresh tomatoes all winter long!

1667429857631.png

Back
Top Bottom