Who is this baby’s daddy?

From the barred rock X babies.. only the boys will be barred like this.

THIS IS what black sex link boys from RIRxBR look like. Females would be solid black.

Polish crosses *should* have a bit of a crest.. as cresting is a dominant feature.. according to my current understanding.
Yes any Polish x would have a crest and it would start showing up early, by 3 weeks they would have a nice crest going on.

Gender is a bit harder on the Polish and any crosses. But by 4 weeks wattles should be showing if a boy. And by 8 weeks should be sure. My only caveat to this is with a Polish x Silkie. I thought mine was a girl until at 11 weeks she crowed 😢 everyone was saying girl and I was saying boy just from his behaviour.

I do like a nice barred rock and wattles ❤️

I have a feeling it’s a cockerel too, but I am not experienced enough to say why. Can you elaborate?
Of the 7 chicks that hatched, it seems to me that ALL of them are cockerels. This one is the smallest by far, so I’m trying to better learn what clues to look for.
It's got such a large comb for only 3 weeks. Sometimes you can sex the birds by feather color, but because we don't know the exact cross, we cannot.

Back
Top Bottom