Whole coop seemingly has "sour crop"

Chickenlovers678

Hatching
Dec 20, 2023
After finding one of my bantams with what seems to be sour crop, as she has a very large crop that feels like a water balloon, we decided to check all the chickens. They all have the same enlarged crop but without the water balloon feeling. While managing one chicken with sour crop is easy, I have no idea where to start in terms of treating all 15 of my free-roam chickens. I need urgent advice as if this is a case of sour crop in all of them, im afraid of it becoming deadly quickly.

After finding one of my bantams with what seems to be sour crop, as she has a very large crop that feels like a water balloon, we decided to check all the chickens. They all have the same enlarged crop but without the water balloon feeling. While managing one chicken with sour crop is easy, I have no idea where to start in terms of treating all 15 of my free-roam chickens. I need urgent advice as if this is a case of sour crop in all of them, im afraid of it becoming deadly quickly.
Welcome To BYC

When are you checking their crops?

Check crops first thing in the morning before they have had anything to eat/drink.

Back
Top Bottom