Will geese harass a beehive?

“The inanimate cottonball has become animate, who knows what dark secrets and abilities it must possess, it must die before it can unleash such horrors onto the world.”

Accurate. Sometimes I think that myself. The other day I had to trap the little b-hole under a feed bucket just so I could do some stuff in there without stepping on him or getting attacked. :rolleyes:

Technically I'm not a geese person. But I'd like to see if there's a work around.

Like for example, I wonder if you could get this to work with privacy netting (cheap), or with focusing on using the top hive entrances, rather than bottom or side entrances? Privacy netting is black and it would be harder for them to see through. It will sell for like a 6 foot wide sheet that's 25 feet long; that would give you plenty of material to maybe make the hives less visible to the bees? (And to the neighbors.)

With a few tweeks maybe you could get this to work?

I have seen videos where people say you can do other poultry like chicken and ducks with bees. And those work well.

My ducks do get a bit curious...

I can only imagine what the bantam cochins think.

That's funny because my coop they are harassing is bantams too! A little group of booted bantams. Maybe they are just super curious about the little guys?
tumblr_nq1lfz00i01sm9wdio1_500.gif

I've figured out how they must feel. lol

Back
Top Bottom