Wine Cooler Incubator project

Sorry AL! I knew someone would be sad, but just think of it as a mini fridge and it won't be so bad!
hugs.gif

Well, I have all the guts removed so far. I'm planning a trip to Home Depot today to pick up a bigger fan and some other essentials. I will be sure to take lots of pictures for you all!

I'm going to use the wood and wire mesh turner idea from this How-To page:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=9878-cabinet-incubator

Plus, I'm going to run some thing that connects to each end (probably twine) up through some vent holes in the top so that I can turn the eggs without opening the door.

BTW, thank you to "chicks for better health"! Your idea is awesome and I'm excited to put it in the incubator.

Last edited:
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have enjoyed mine. Mine is only half that size. I put in 2doz. eggs at a time in it. I use the very bottom for two 2ltr. soda bottles for heat sinks. I've done 4 settings so far and all the fertile eggs hatched. I use the previous day and the day of the setting eggs. For some reason there is one egg from each day that is clear on day 12. I guess one of the girls is not getting the attention she needs.

You will find that wine coolers are very stable temp. wise. I love the glass door. I actually stayed up for 24hrs. on day 21 of the last setting and watched all 22 chicks hatch. Good luck and keep us posted.

My wife and daughter convinced me to give it to the daughter for her first grade class she will begin teaching next year. Thats ok though, my new Dickey incubator and hatcher will be here tomorrow.

42454_chicks_003.jpg

The blanket on the top is not for heat retention, its for the guard cats.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom