Worm in poop

Farm life101

Songster
Jan 9, 2018
Florida
Hello fellow chicken lovers!
I found a poo from one of my girls (not sure who as they free range and we have 22 chickens) I usually de worm them or add DE to their food but recently have fallen behind with that due to some rather needy new animals which I know I shouldn’t have. I’m wondering if I just add some acv to their water and de to their food for a few days if that will get rid of whatever the worms are? Or would it be better to de worm them with store bought de wormer? Here is a photo of it, it was pretty hot yesterday so I think that’s why it was diarrhea but it was still moving a little
5C8AA7D1-6AC7-4FCB-BC95-DC9A7BB69C31.jpeg

Here's an article I found by @Kiki about worms & treating worms:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/worming-chickens—medicines-and-dosing-information.73369/

Hope that your chicken gets better :)

Okay I will get that ASAP and treat them, we have dogs and cats that go outside where they free range, do you know if they can get it as well?

My dogs eat chicken poop all the time, but always test negative for worms and worm eggs. Most worms are specific for each species. Does your vet do a fecal float with the dog’s yearly check up?

My dogs eat chicken poop all the time, but always test negative for worms and worm eggs. Most worms are specific for each species. Does your vet do a fecal float with the dog’s yearly check up?
Yeah, I think they do but they haven’t ever had worms before. I will make sure to keep a close eye on them though. Thank you
Edit: also I forgot to mention we also have ducks and ducklings, should I worm them as well? The same dosage?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom