Worms??!

BlueHall

Hatching
Dec 20, 2021
Hi, please could someone let me know if this is worms? Found on the poop deck this morning šŸ˜§.

We have small flock (6) of very free-range chickens that we hatched this year (plus one tiny chick as one insisted that she wanted a baby chick šŸ™„). They have not been wormed.. thinking I need to go and get something but would rather not medicate unless necessary. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20211220_082256.jpg
    20211220_082256.jpg
    394.1 KB · Views: 11
Welcome to BYC.
Yep, they are large roundworms and judging from what I see, your birds may have an overload of worms and need immediate treatment with a wormer.
I highly recommend Valbazen liquid cattle/sheep wormer. Dosage is 1/2ml given orally to each chicken using a syringe without a needle.
Valbazen slowly kills worms over several days, so there is no intestinal blockage of dead worms internally.
Then repeat dosing again in 10-14 days to kill worms hatched from eggs missed by the initial dosing.
I recommend that you set up a regular worming schedule for your birds since your soil is contaminated with worm eggs. Your birds will eventually become worm infected again.
I worm my birds monthly.
Here's where you can buy Valbazen.
https://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=30E07949-7B6A-11D5-A192-00B0D0204AE5

Welcome to BYC.
Yep, they are large roundworms and judging from what I see, your birds may have an overload of worms and need immediate treatment with a wormer.
I highly recommend Valbazen liquid cattle/sheep wormer. Dosage is 1/2ml given orally to each chicken using a syringe without a needle.
Valbazen slowly kills worms over several days, so there is no intestinal blockage of dead worms internally.
Then repeat dosing again in 10-14 days to kill worms hatched from eggs missed by the initial dosing.
I recommend that you set up a regular worming schedule for your birds since your soil is contaminated with worm eggs. Your birds will eventually become worm infected again.
I worm my birds monthly.
Here's where you can buy Valbazen.
https://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=30E07949-7B6A-11D5-A192-00B0D0204AE5
Thanks. Am in uk so will get something equivalent.

Thank you! Will do that.

We also have a 2 week old chick... can that one be done too?
Yes, it can and should as it would possibly have ingested worm eggs too if out and about with th other chickens.

In the UK you can get Flubendazole/Flubenole 5%:

1,2 grams per kg feed for 7 consecutive days. give only the medicated feed during this time, nothing else, no treats.

Back
Top Bottom