Wry neck from old head injury

outofthereality

Chirping
May 9, 2020
Hi yall, a little background she was attack by my turkey since October. She’s been seperated since and she was doing fine and was going outside seperate from the flock. We had a cold front pass by and idk because of the cold or the rooster who got in her pan and mated with her. But she’s in the condition I believe it’s wry neck. She had a fever for 2 days. Gave her water and she drinks (no need to force her, she drinks) and I’m currently giving her vitamin E and tertricylina antibiotics since this Monday. I’m not sure if this is enough or I need to do more. I make her food into a liquid based and she eats it. What else can I do to give her nutritions that she needs? She’ll drink her liquids, she wants to live and gotten thin but how long does this last?
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 3
Gosh I'm sorry about your hen.

For the Vit E, that should be for humans around 400 i.u. and she needs a little scrambled eggs for the selenium the E needs to absorb better.

You could also give her a B-complex / Riboflavin, again, the human version. I'd try go 1/4th to 1/2 of one of those and grind it up in those scrambled eggs. The scrambled eggs would be good nutritionally for her too.

To get more nutrients in her, I've heard people feed like a half can of tuna in water and/or egg yolk. I personally just make a wet mash of their crumbles and that's like a treat to them.

After you're done with the antibiotics, she should get probiotics for at least a week, two is better. That can be those powders in the water like Hydro Hen or Save a Chick, or sugar-free Greek yogurt.

Good luck with her!

Back
Top Bottom