Wry

FLducks

In the Brooder
Nov 3, 2023
Hello I'm looking for a bit of help I've raised 47 ducklings in the past couple years all Muscovy ducks and never had an issue, I had one a little female come down with wry neck. She's about 3 and a half Months old My vet gave us an injection of b complex and E she was kinda clueless on ducks but she read up on it with me. I'm giving her some black oil sunflower seeds and Dumor duck feed as well. I did a super watered down poultry drench also. But im seeing it takes weeks to get over wry neck I figured we needed to get more b complex but wondering what we can do for that is normal 500 mg tablets for humans okay and if so how much to give her she's about 2 lbs and how to administer She's a fighter she's eating and drinking on her own but I supervise her bathing in warm water daily and making sure she is eating and drinking enough she's separated from her siblings but they still are able to socialize. Main question can some recommend a b complex (preferably on Amazon and able
To give as a watered down / mixable in water) and please how to give it and how much etc. I need any advice I've never had one like this and I just want her to be happy again ☺️

Yes, this

https://www.amazon.com/Durvet-Vitamin-Complex-Injectable-Livestock/dp/B01DOFK0CA/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2J3J3TF8EN88T&keywords=durvet+liquid+b+complex&qid=1694471261&sprefix=durvet+liquid+b+complex,aps,262&sr=8-3
they sell it at tsc too
it says injectible but for ducks it is given orally, 1 ml , put it on a treat, (mealworms are good) make sure she gets it all
Thank you ! Im doing vitamin E also and black oil sunflower seeds for the selenium, is the 1 ml done just once a day? She takes meds orally pretty good. Our vet gave us b complex for 5 days its one Ml but 2 times a day we're running out Monday so I'll buy this now ☺️

Not yet but we're staying hopeful I had read it can take a month to recover she's been taking 1 ml of b complex a day and we're giving her warm baths she can eat and drink on her own thankfully

It's not an easy one to recover from but hopefully it will happen. Keep us updated.
Today she was much more involved vs the kinda foggy state she's been in hoping it's a good sign today is the 5th day of b complex for her as well as Boss and nutradrench

Back
Top Bottom