Wyandotte Type and Chick Ages

mrsbigtime

Chirping
May 4, 2022
Hello!

We brought our little flock home two days ago and I am thoroughly enjoying this new adventure! I will say however, I was not expecting this much poop!! There is SO MUCH! šŸ˜‚

Anyways...I have a couple of questions about our girls (well...I am hoping they are girls, the more I explore this site, the more I realize I may be surprised in a few weeks), I believe our Blue Laced Red Wyandotte may not in fact be blue laced - would any of you concur? What type may she be?

I'm curious also as to ages, but more for my own curiosity. The BLRW is the biggest of the bunch and her feathers seems to be largest as well. Based on what Wilco said, she should be 6 days old right now, but I think she's bigger.

My Buff Orpington's are smaller, but the Australorp is smaller still. Is it possible to estimate ages on these guys? The other two are what Wilco had labeled as "Color Packs" and I'm not sure how to look them up...Leg Bar? Ameracauanas? Any ideas?? I'm excited for whatever we get, but I feel like I've just opened the door to a world with more information and intricacies than I could have imagined!

Here's my supposed Blue Laced Red Wyandotte (her name is "Dinosaur" courtesy of my three year old son) and the video is what I've got of my girls just now, it's surprisingly hard to get a good photo of one chick, much less six! (I'm having trouble with the video, I'll keep trying)

Attachments

• tempImageF6puIB.png
    tempImageF6puIB.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 15
  • tempImageSfq8fB.png
    tempImageSfq8fB.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 7
  • tempImagepec9oI.png
    tempImagepec9oI.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 6
Video wouldnā€™t load, but thatā€™s ok. Here is the best pick I have showing the ā€œcolor packsā€ and our Australorp. Dinosaur is next to the two Buff Orphingtonā€™s and is quite bigger, but that may be difficult to tell in this photo.

Attachments

• E8DA3A4C-ACAA-41B8-9BD4-A87EA194D3C4.jpeg
    E8DA3A4C-ACAA-41B8-9BD4-A87EA194D3C4.jpeg
    512 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom